Tuesday, April 10, 2007

An Orphan.

Physically, I am obviously not an orphan. Spiritually, I am nothing more than such a child without parents, without anyone for that matter.

But not an orphan without hope - I've been adopted. Would anyone else have been able to take me in? Maybe. But in you alone does this orphan find mercy.

So no, I am not the physically malnourished toddler whose parents have been stolen away by unnecessary political conflicts or an unruly pandemic. But in a different realm.

The day I was born, I was dumped in a field, and left to die, unwanted. But for some reason, as I was helplessly squirming around in my own blood, attractive by no standards whatsoever,

I caught your eye.

You told me to live.

I became worth something. Not because of any value I possessed, but worth something only because you wanted me.

I can't thank you enough for taking up a project such as I, not to mention following through with it.

No comments: