Friday, September 19, 2008

a new lamp is a warm friend


inside felt cold, however the yellow light that has newly been incorporated into the living space was quick to warm me up, at least partially.

sometimes it is easy to feel left behind. (no, i don't mean this in the sense of the best seller "Christian" fictional series.[which unfortunately i read entirely as a middle schooler]) i need You to give security, even to be it for me.

i just needed some space, but that same space that i desired left me feeling awkward. sometimes it feels as though circumstances don't fit, but instead cling to you like an ill-fitting cardigan.

my ears feel empty. but i'm patient, really i am.

2 comments:

anna said...

i am also of the mindset that there is just something amazing about lamps. they can change perspective.

that is a good lamp in your foto.

i am in search of a good one for my desk at work. to distract me from the flourescent light.

Jim said...

Your poetry connects deeply, Timboree. People can feel what you are feeling. Wow!