Thursday, May 24, 2007

Black and White African Horsies.

Romans 5:14-15 reads, "...What a contrast between Adam and Christ, who was yet to come! 15 And what a difference between our sin and God's generous gift of forgiveness." (NLT)

This is turn causes me to think about zebras. And their stripes. I like the look of zebra stripes. Very fashionable, though I certainly don't condone the skinning of these beautiful aminals. Screen-printed zebra stripes are much more efficient. But beyond fashion, I really think there is something pretty about their stripes.

A message of salvation that our sovereign God has worked even into the nice little aminals that he created.

Yes, I meant to spell it aminals.

I don't say this to come across as someone who's trying to fend off evolution - I don't think that needs to be the issue. But rather, I see this as just another reason to be flabbergasted at God. Obviously he is infinitely complex, but to stylistically work his message - contrasting our black blot of sin with his gift that turns us white as snow through faith in Jesus Christ- into creation, is pretty neat, keen, fun, (insert nerdy adjective here).

We may see this working itself out in an untitled painting #3. More news on this later.

5:17 goes on to say, "The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who recieve God's wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ." Quite astonishing when you recall that the author of this passage was a former Christian-Killer.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Thanks for the props bro. I find your writing and your art to be of top quality.

DO NOT let me miss your art show. Simply don't.

dates please.

anna said...

TIM. yes. zebras. yes.