Friday, October 3, 2008

lost exposures (charge your batteries)


I was sitting in the tall grass, and I felt bad, because I didn't know that I had anything to give You. You provided a starry host, I provided a confused and muted heart; nonetheless i was impressed by your handiwork.

For some reason or another, I was under the impression that I have to give something to make the time worth it for You.

But You just wanted me to sit with you. To look at something that is on display but not often viewed. Not to go somewhere. Not to "do something exciting."

It affects my relationship with You, it affects my relationship with others - the need to feel that I have something to offer.

I value that You want to sit with me, even if the most exciting thing I do all day is read a book or rummage through large batches of digital photography.

-

hush, hush, why do you have to say anything?

3 comments:

thomas dunham said...

Just noticed you downloaded some more pictures to Flickr. I'll check them out this afternoon. The ones on the first page look great.

Jim said...

Wow, Tim, you really get it. Not many do. You really understand something true about friendship with God. And people. It reminds me of something that happened to me once, which showed me I thought God valued work for Him much more than friendship. But you put it into amazing words.

Timothy said...

Thanks Uncle Tom...I hope to keep more up to speed with my Flickr account. I'm trying to keep things current and hip.